Compact i/iX Series: General Purpose AC Power Sources (750-2250VA)
- The Compact iX Series represents a new generation of AC/DC power sources that address the increasing demands on test equipment to perform additional functions at a lower cost. By combining a flexible AC/DC power source with a high performance power analyzer, the Compact iX Series is capable of handling complex applications that have traditionally required multiple systems. The sleek integrated approach of the Compact iX Series avoids cable clutter that is commonly found in test systems. All connections are made internally and the need for digital multimeters, power harmonics analyzers, and current shunts or clamps is eliminated. Since many components in the Compact iX Series are shared between the AC/DC source and the power analyzer, the total cost of the integrated system is less than the typical cost of a multiple unit system. For less demanding applications, the Compact i Series provides similar output and transient capabilities as the Compact iX Series, as well as basic power measurements. Now with Optional LXI Compliant Ethernet Communication. ( iX Models Only )
- Easy To Use Local Controls
- Both the Compact i/iX feature microprocessor controlled and can be operated from an easy to use front panel keypad. Functions are grouped logically and are directly accessible from the keypad. This eliminates the need to search through various levels of menus and/or soft keys. A large analog control knob can be used to quickly slew output parameters. This knob is controlled by a dynamic rate change algorithm that combines the benefits of precise control over small parameter changes with quick sweeps through the entire range.
- Single and Three Phase models available
- 750 VA to 2250 VA of AC Output Power
- Combines AC/DC source and power analyzer
- Harmonic analysis of Voltage and Current
- AC, DC and AC+DC Output Modes
- Multiple Chassis Configurations
- Powerful output transient generation
- High Crest Factor Capability
- Arbitrary waveform generation
- Combines AC/DC source and power analyzer
- With precise output regulation and accuracy, the Compact i/iX sources address many application areas for AC and DC power testing. The iX also provides a high load current capability, multi or single phase output modes, and built-in power analyzer measurements. Additional features including line distortion simulation (LDS) and arbitrary waveform generation
- Testing for real world sine wave power conditions
- 400 Hz testing for avionics equipment/li>
- 50/60 Hz margin testing
- Ballast testing
- Components testing
- Power supply testing for AC to DC converters
Manual CW Features And Benefits
- The manual series front panel knobs (10 turn potentiometers) allow quick adjustment of voltage, current and frequency settings. Frequency and voltage can be programmed remotely using a 0 to 5V analog signal. LED’s indicate: output-on, voltage or current mode operation, fault and slave modes. Models can also be paralleled in the field or configured for three phase operation using a factory supplied cable. Current shutdown or foldback modes can be selected from a rear panel switch.
- Product Evaluation and Test
- Increasingly, manufacturers of electronic equipment and appliances are required to fully evaluate and test their products over a wide range of input line conditions. The built-in output transient generation and readback measurement capability offers the convenience of an easy to use and integrated test system.
- With an output frequency range to 1000 Hz, at up to 150 VRMS, the Compact i/iX is well suited for aerospace applications. Precise frequency control and accurate load regulation are key requirements in these applications. The standard IEEE-488 control interface and SCPI command language provide for easy integration into existing ATE systems. Since the iX Series II can eliminate the need for several additional pieces of test equipment and only occupies 7 inches of rack space (4U), saving both cost and space. Instrument drivers for popular programming environments such as National Instruments LabView, DO-160, ABD-0100, MIL-STD-704A-F, and Boeing 7E73B-0147 are available to speed up system integration.
- Remote Control
- Available RS232, USB, GPIB and LXI Compliant Ethernet (LAN) remote control interfaces allow programming of all instrument functions from an external computer. The popular SCPI command protocol is used for programming. Drivers for several popular instrumentation programming environments are available to facilitate systems integration of the Compact i/iX Series.
Instrument Control Software
- Windows® Instrument Control Software is provided with the Compact i/iX. This software provides easy access to the power sources capabilities without the need to develop any custom code. The following functions are available through this GUI program:
- Steady state output control (all parameters)
- Create, run, save, reload and print transient programs
- Generate and save harmonic waveforms [iX only]
- Generate and save arbitrary waveforms [iX only]
- Measure & log standard measurements
- Capture & display output voltage & current waveforms [iX only]
- Measure, display, print & log harmonic voltage & current measurements [iX only]
- Display bus traffic to & from the AC Source to help you develop your own test programs.
- Toggle between single and three phase output (2253 i/iX only)